The Brawny® AmerICAN Sweepstakes
1) Sweepstakes Timing: The Brawny® American Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:01 a.m. ET on 6/26/2017 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 7/31/2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products LP. (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.brawny.com/american (the “Sweepstakes Website”), complete the online registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2017. Limit one entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
4) Random Drawing: All winners will be selected on or about 8/02/2017 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs and expenses associated with prizes not specified herein as being awarded. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received during Sweepstakes Period.
5) Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”): One (1) Grand Prize: A 5-day/4-night trip for the winner and one (1) travel companion to Washington, D.C. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation from major airport closest to winner’s home, four (4) nights’ standard hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy), ground transportation to/from the airport and hotel. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $3,650. Trip must be taken within one year of notification. Certain restrictions and blackout dates apply and airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, baggage fees, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, any transportation not mentioned within such prize description and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. In the event the Grand Prize winner or travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and travel companion home with no further compensation to the winner. Ten (10) First Prizes: A year supply of Brawny®, awarded in the form of a 16XL rolls of paper towel. The ARV of each First Prize is $27.99. Sponsor is not responsible for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to unavailability for any reason, including, but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, or any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
6) Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone/email/email link and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form and a Publicity Release (where legal) within three (3) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Affidavit will be sent via email/email link and winner will need to return the Affidavit within three (3) days of notification via fax or email and send the original Affidavit back via mail. Failure to reach the potential Grand Prize winner within this timeframe may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. The travel companion of the Grand Prize winner must be the 18 years of age or older. Travel companion of Grand Prize winner will be required to execute a Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) prior to departure. A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for the Grand Prize winner for the actual value of the prize. All First Prize winners will be notified via email and will need to confirm their mail address within five (5) days of receiving the notification. Once confirmed they will receive their prizes via mail within 4-6 weeks. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
7) Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter in perpetuity without further payment or consideration, permission or notification.
9) General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes Website or the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes Website or Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry. Proof of entering information via the Sweepstakes Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) is not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at the Sweepstakes Website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Website may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select all winners from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents and that by the terms and conditions of your current or former employment, whether private or government, you are not prevented from participating in the Sweepstakes nor prevented from accepting any prize awarded should you be acknowledged as a Prizewinner. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state of Georgia and federal courts in Georgia. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10) Winners List: For the winners’ names, available after 8/30/2017, send a self addressed stamped envelope no later than 9/30/2017, to The Brawny® American Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747, Attn: Dept. KF.
11) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products LP, 133 Peachtree St., N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303.
Explore AmerICan Stories